As the celebration of the 97th Founding Anniversary of the province of Camarines Norte and 13th Bantayog Festival comes to an end, time has come to recognize and honor the outstanding citizens who has been fetching or had fetched honors for the province and had been an exemplary reflection of the greatness of the people of Camarines Norte.
This was done through the “Gawad Parangal sa Natatanging CamNorteño 2017″ that was held during the Governor’s Night at the Governor’s House at Bagasbas Beach, Daet, Camarines Norte last April 28, 2017. These events yearly culminate all activities connected to the Bantayog Festival and the founding anniversary of the province.
The said Parangal aims to recognize and extol the extraordinary accomplishments of the natives of Camarines Norte who are also exemplars of positive attributes, values and character that can be an example for others who aims to be great as well.
It also aims to create a culture of excellence as the fundamental basis of individual and collective development.
Awardees were selected through an extensive selection process done by the selection committee consisted of professionals and headed by Mr. Abel Icatlo, Provincial Museum Curator.
The selection process began with the nominations. Municipalities submitted their own list of nominees and the necessary details about them. In the end of this process, 70 individuals from different fields of interest have been included in the long list of nominees.
From the long list of nominees, a short list of nominees was made through the deliberation of the selection committee. The nominees selected came from various fields of interest.
Finally, the 9 awardees were chosen from the short list. They are the natives of this province who had exemplary qualities, strived hard to attain excellence and devoted significant time and efforts in their fields and made a huge impact to the society .
They are as follow:
- Romeo S. Pidoc – Talisay, Camarines Norte
- National awardee, Search for Outstanding Farmers -2015 by TOFARM
- Living a simple life and practicing organic farming
- Magsasakang Siyentista at present and recognized by Department of Agriculture
- Franklin M. Cabanela – Daet, Camarines Norte
Best Senior Citizen, 2016
- Regional awardee, Best Senior Citizen
- Author of 1st Senior Citizens Mini Olympic Games 2016 FED-Daet Chapter
- Implemented health and awareness program year 2017
- Descendant of revolutionary martyrs and patriots of Camarines Norte
- Treasurer, “Nagkakaisang Samahan ng Senior Citizens Ng Camarines Norte, Inc.”
- Allan C. Augusto – San Vicente, Camarines Norte
Outstanding Basketball Training Center Commissioner, 2016
- Deputy Regional Director, Samahang Baketball ng Pilipinas-Region V
- Municipal Sports Coordinator, San Vicente, Camarines Norte
- Princess Necy C. Gonzales – Daet, Camarines Norte
First Totally Blind LET Passer in Bicol, 2015
- Academic Excellence awardee
- President, Camarines Norte Visually Impaired Association (2016)
- Grand Champion, PWD Got talent by singing ang playing keyboards (2016)
- PCINSP Rogelyn P. Calandria – Basud, Camarines Norte
Outstanding Policewoman, 2017
- National awardee, Most Outstanding Poliwomen of the Philippines (2017)
- Recipient of various awards and recognitions
- Chief of Police, Basud Police Office
- Pio Andrade Jr. – Paracale, Camarines Norte
- Chemist by profession, Historian by advocation
- Writer of history books
- Currently writing the book entitled “Romancing the Gold: The History of Paracale”
- Armela L. Ureña – Capalonga, Camarines Norte
Outstanding Teacher, National Award, 2016
- National awardee, Ulirang Guro 2015 ng Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino
- National awardee, Natatanging Guro 2017 ng Kapisanan nf mga Superbisor at Guro sa Filipino
- Master Teacher II, Capalonga Central School
- Filomena G. Tresvalles – Talisay, Camarines Norte
Outstanding Woman, 2015
- Regional awardee, Most Outstanding Woman
- Active in Rural Improvement Club, barangay, municipal and provincial level
- Led women in the community in pursuing livelihood activities
- Facilitated acquisition of livelihood sewing machines and teaches women about sewing without service fee
- Promotes productivity to women
- Spearheads the sustainability of the Organic Garden of the RIC
- Igmedio Zaldua – Daet, Camarines Norte
Oral Historian, Source of History
- Born on August 5, 1927, a descendant of the Zalduas, heroes of the Daet Revolt
- Long time advocate of promoting the story behind Daet revolt of 1898
- Primary source of oral history in the locality
Mr. Abel C. Icatlo, the Provincial Museum Curator and project head of the said event spearheaded the awarding of plaques and cash to the awardees together with Gov. Edgardo Tallado and Vice Gov. Jonah Pimentel.
Charlotte V. Marco
Camarines Norte News