The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) immediately implement the stop operation of betting centers of online sabong/e-sabong in Camarines Norte after the order of President Rodrigo R. Duterte to end the online cockfighting operations.
Duterte’s decision came following a survey conducted by DILG in cities and provinces regarding e-sabong operations, which are being blamed for the deterioration of moral values among many Filipinos.
“And the recommendation of [DILG] Secretary Eduardo Año is to do away with e-sabong and he cited the validation report coming from all sources,” Duterte said during his prerecorded Talk to the People aired Tuesday.
The President’s decision was a turnaround from his statement last month wherein he defended its operations, noting the revenues it generates.
Government revenue from e-sabong hit P2 billion this year alone, according to the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (PAGCOR).
Duterte, however, had said that he may suspend e-sabong if its all effects on the public are proven.
Duterte, during his Talk to the People on Tuesday, said the message is “loud and very clear” that e-sabong is “working against our values.”